Chibok girls: Nigerian army claims second rescue

8:28 AM Unknown 0 Comments



The second Chibok schoolgirl was rescued on Thursday, the army said

Boko Haram


The town that lost its girls

Torment of a freed Boko Haram 'bride'

'How I almost became a suicide bomber'

'Boko Haram took my children'

A second schoolgirl from the more than 200 seized in the Nigerian town of Chibok has been found, the army says.

But a spokesman for the Chibok girls 'parents has cast doubt on the claims, saying that the girl's name is not on the families' list of those missing.

An army spokesman said she was among a group of 97 women and children rescued by troops in the north-east.

Islamist militant group Boko Haram has abducted thousands of other girls in recent years, rights groups estimate.

This comes two days after the rescue of the first Chibok girl.

The army has previously made mistakes in its statements about the rescue of the Chibok girls - in its initial statement after the first girl was found, it used the wrong name.

0 comments: